Norwegian Smart Care Cluster
Oslo Cancer Cluster
Life Science Cluster
Generalkonsulatene i USA
The main goal of this project is to increase exports and internationalization from Norway to the American market, enhance cooperation with Norwegian companies, organizations (R&D, hospitals) and relevant environments in the USA.
The four leading health clusters in Norway contribute to this project. Together we develop a regional and national cooperation to make a road map for the health industry in Norway and the Nordic countries.
Are you representing a company, municipality or hospital, and interested in taking part in the activities towards the US? Fill out this form.
Upcoming events 2023
📆 February 7: Reality Check. Are You Customer and Global Partner Ready?
In this Reality Check, USA Next invites specialty experts to contribute with their unfiltered and honest feedback. We explore differences between customer and partner approaches, and how you can reach US customers. Three selected companies will then engage in a live “Reality Check”, where our experts offer direct, actionable feedback to their pitch.
The event will be held as a webinar. Register here
📆 February 15th, 2023 at 12.30 in Health2B, Oslo Science Park: Partnering with Norwegian assets and American experts
Britt Ardakani, Counsellor at Norway House and Head of BARN, and Laurence Rezetar from Minnesota Trade Office, will be introducing BARN (Business Accelerator Resource Network in Minnesota/Minneapolis), and business opportunities, mentoring experts and networking possibilities. They will meet companies, interested in what they have to offer in this very Norwegian-friendly part of the US. It will be possibilities for 1:1s in the end of the session.
📆 March 12th 2023m, Austin, Texas: SXSW Tech For Social Good.
Are you building health tech with an educational component, or just curious on the eco-system in Health in Austin, Texas?
📆 May 31st – June 2nd 2023, Minneapolis: Visiting Minneapolis with the Norwegian ecosystem in health.
PS! We are working on more events regarding USA. Stay tuned for further updates.
Previous activities in 2022
📆 March 13-15, 2022: Global Health Security Innovation Week at SXSW
Organized by the Texas Global Health Security Innovation Consortium (TEXGHS) at the University of Texas at Austin, with Norway as a partner in. GHSIW 2022 was the world’s first conference focused on bringing together the health security and technology innovation communities to define and communicate today’s most pressing challenges in preventing, predicting, detecting, and responding to global health security threats. GHSIW 2022 was entirely virtual and included official events of South by Southwest 2022. Norway participated with 6 companies, one panelist (Tore Godal, HOD) and one key note speaker (Stephen McAdam, DNV).
📆 March 22, 2022: Interested in the US as a market? Is USA your next market?
Learning and planning is key before entering the US market. An introductory webinar for the cross-cluster project “USA Next” was held March 22nd. The edited version of the webinar is here: “USA Next” – The first step – The Life Science Cluster
📆 May 31, 2022: Select USA and USA Next
The Embassy of the United States of America and the U.S. Commercial Service together with USA Next, invited to attend an Industry Session on Health & Life Science. The venue was the U.S. Embassy in Oslo.
Participants received an introduction to the U.S. Commercial Service, SelectUSA, Investor Guide and Customized Research Reports, FDA Pathways and trends in investments and US business culture. This included a networking happening.
📆 September 9, 2022: Reality check – investor readiness?
This webinar was the first in the series of reality-checks in USA Next.
Background and objectives
Mapping and mobilization
- Mapping and analyzing target groups in the United States, needs, preparations, analyzing input strategies
- Map Norwegian companies with relevant technology, products and solutions – with an interest in the USA
- Mapping the status, knowledge and opportunity of each company to understand their specific needs
- Workshop with companies (grouped by development stage; product type) to understand their needs and goals
- Prioritize states / regions and target groups for joint initiative, plan for contact
Development and implementation of tailor-made training programs
- Expert dialogue meetings (pedagogical and interactive, courses tailored to different competence levels)
- Targeted and thematic group activities, including matchmaking
- 1: 1 Business Development Support (for selected companies based on their maturity)
- Recommendations and strategy for market entry, including a specific plan for implementation
Internationalization plan – adapted to the individual company
- Product: non-regulatory, medical equipment, medicine etc.
- Needs identification, expectations and goals
- Courses and training of the companies. Make them better equipped for the United States
- About the US healthcare market, commercialism, economics, scaling and more
- Develop value proposition towards American partners as a door opener
- Introduce companies to relevant US partners
- Matchmaking with company, design a strategy
- Targeted approach for US investors
- Completion of roadmap / method
- Evaluate collaboration with other Nordic innovation actors (For example BIO Bridge)
Read more in Norwegian here.