08:00 - 10:00
Join us for a very informative morning with the leading experts of US patent law and IP Rights strategy.
We have the privilege of welcoming two experts on US patent law: Dr Jorge Goldstein and Mr Mike Ray.
Jorge is considered by his peers and clients to be one of the country’s pioneers in biotechnology patent law. A founder of the firm, Jorge is a Director in the firm’s Biotechnology Practice Group and he has almost forty years’ experience in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications before the U.S. and foreign patent offices in scientific areas such as genomics, molecular and cell biology, recombinant DNA technology, immunology, transgenics, therapeutic methods, stem cells, pharmaceuticals and more recently, BioFETs (biological field effect transistors).
Mike is Managing Director of the firm and practices in the firm’s Electronics Group. He has been practicing patent law since 1990. From a foundation that includes many years of preparation and prosecution of patent applications, much of his time is now spent providing clients with strategic intellectual property counseling and risk assessment. This includes pre-litigation analysis and negotiations, analyzing patents for infringement and validity, providing legal opinions, and handling post-grant proceedings (such as reexamination and inter partes review) before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Light breakfast and mingling
Welcome by Kathrine Myhre, CEO Norway Health Tech and Ketil Wideberg, CEO Oslo Cancer Cluster
By Dr Jorge Goldstein:
- Introduction to Biotech Patent Law.
- Best mode
- Precision medicine and BioMarkers: Best strategies for protecting and enforcing
- Combination Therapy in cancer:
- What will be the optimal agreement between partner(s)
- How can new biotech / immunotherapy providers best position themselves versus big pharma
By Mr Mike Ray:
- The new fast track route for new patent approval in the US:
- Opportunities, benefits and pitfalls
- Benefits from an international patent protection point of view
- Litigation strategy from a US point of view
- The use of Inter Partes Reviews in conjunction with Court litigation
Do not miss the chance to miss some of the best there is when it comes to US patent law!
The event is a cooperation between Oslo Cancer Cluster, INNOLABS project and Norway Health Tech
(The INNOLABS project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No 691556.)