Stein Olav Skrøvseth
958 05 841
PB 35, 9038 Tromsø
The Norwegian Centre for E-health Research was established January 1st, 2016. This new research and analysis centre will gather, produce and disseminate knowledge the authorities need to develop a knowledge-based e-health policy.
The centre shall be a means of realizing the objectives described in the whitepaper no. 9 (2012-2013), One Citizen – One Health Record:
- Healthcare professionals should have easy and safe access to patient and user information
- Citizens should have access to simple and secure digital services
- Data shall be available for quality improvement, health monitoring, management and research
The research centre is committed through the state budget grants to work on projects of national character and interest. Together with the Directorate for eHealth, the centre has defined a number of projects that are rooted in the national e-health board and, consequently, with those who own and are responsible for the health services; Municipalities, health institutions and health authorities.
The centre’s ambition is to be nationally leading and internationally recognized for research and analysis within the focus areas
- The patient record as the future e-health tool
- comprehensive health and care services
- Personal systems and welfare technology
- Health data and analysis