SXSW is one the world’s biggest tech conferences happening in Austin, Texas, mid March. This year, Norwegian and Nordic companies are invited to take part in the side event “Tech For Social Good – Democratizing Tech The Nordic Way». In addition to this, the companies are invited to take part in meetings in Houston – all coordinated by Norway Health Tech and The Nordic Council of Ministers.
This event is a part of the Nordic Cooperation 2023 initiative, headed by the Danes in Houston, and in close partnership with The Consulates General of Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland in New York. The initiative is funded by The Nordic Council of Ministers to promote “the Nordic region as the most sustainable and connected in the world”.
The first event under the initiative is “Tech For Social Good – Democratizing Tech The Nordic Way” and consist of a full-day event on Sunday, March 12 at SXSW. Keynotes talks and company case stories will be featured. Venue location is The Contemporary Austin – Jones Center (rooftop capacity = 200 – 250 pers.).
For Tech For Social Good event, we are interested in getting 1 – 3 Norwegian companies within EdTech / Gamification /Health to present, or be presented, at the event.
Criteria for company cases presented at Tech For Social Good event
- Company or founder originates from Iceland, Finland, Sweden, Norway or Denmark
- The case must be an educational tech / digital solution
- The case must have a «greater good» purpose (e.g. sustainable, larger community ethos, etc.)
- The solution can be applied to any industry (e.g. finance, health, pharma, etc.) as long as it has an educational aspect to it.
- The company size can be early stage or incumbent.
If you are interested in taking part, sign up here at we will get back to you accordingly.
This event is a part of the USA Next project. Financed by Viken Fylkeskommune.Påmelding