08:30 - 19:00
Cross4Health goes Hack4Health
As part of our project Cross4Health we are organizing a hackathon during the 23rd and 24th of January 2019 at the University of Southeast Norway in Kongsberg (USN).
The event, Hack4Health, will encourage cooperation between participants from the healthcare value chain and industries aiming at transferring technology and know-how to the benefit of personalized healthcare. In collaboration and with the help of Kongsberg Innovasjon, we invite SME-led teams to come up with new disruptive solutions based on real needs in the healthcare sector.
The overarching challenge for this hackathon is the continuum of care, aiming at solutions to enhance remote patient support and the patient management process for the benefit of patient centered care in both specialist and primary healthcare services. The following proposed Hack4Health challenges are selected in cooperation with Sunnaas Hospital, Vestre Viken Hospital Trust and Telenor; with Telenor as a technology enabler offering their 5G test-node:
- Home monitoring and treatment (Clinic Kongsberg Hospital Vestre Viken)
– An improved collaboration between hospitals and municipal health and care services
- Continuous dialogue throughout the patient rehabilitation pathway (Sunnaas Hospital)
- Self-service and remote diagnostics in hospitals (Clinic for medical diagnostics Vestre Viken)
- Video calls to emergency medical call centre (Pre-hospital services Vestre Viken)
The challenges are aligned with the Cross4Health 2nd Open call and the hackathon is timed so you can apply with your developed solution within the deadline (18th of February 2019).
The three most innovative solutions to the proposed challenges will receive the following prizes:
- 1st Prize: 6 000 €
- 2nd Prize: 4 000 €
- 3rd Prize: 2 000 €
The Hackathon is based on the methodology developed by MIT Hacking Medicine, whom will join us all the way from Boston to support teams in their ideation. Business coaches will also be available to provide guidance in terms of business modelling for your solution.
Bring your enthusiasm and energy and join us for three inspiring days!
Target sectors are:
AEROSPACE CREATIVE INDUSTRIES ITC FOR HEALTH BIOTECHNOLOGY MEDICAL DEVICES ENERGY
Registration deadline is the 18th of January 2019.
The jury will consist of the following experts:
- Cecilie B. Løken, Vestre Viken
- Waqar Ahmed, Norway Health Tech
- Kathrine Myhre, Norway Health Tech
- Adnan Aqwari, Equinor
- Sveinung Tornaas, Sunnaas Hospital
- Olaf Hallan Graven, USN
- Svein-Olav Torø, Kongsberg Innovasjon
- Rune Simensen, Helse Sør-Øst
Please read the Guide for Applicants for information about the eligibility criteria for Cross4Health financial support and ensure that every team member registers separately.
Cross4Health is funded by the EU under the program Horizon2020.Register