Remune™ is an oral nutrition supplement (ONS) for special medical purposes (FSMP) for the dietary management of patients with cancer or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD). Remune™ consists of high amounts of omega-3 fatty acids including EPA and DHA, vitamin D, energy, and protein. Remune™ has been selected to be the nutrition intervention in an international Public-Private Consortium post COVID-19 extension study investigating risk factors for developing chronic lung damage and chronic complaints after COVID-19 (1). Previously, Remune™ has depicted promising results in two multi-center, double-blinded, randomized, controlled clinical trials encompassing patients with COPD and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC) with pre-cachexia and cachexia (2-5).
Remune™ is available in Norway at www.smartfishnutrition.com and internationally through B.Braun. Remune™’s sister product Nutrifriend 1100 is available in Norwegian pharmacies.
About Smartfish AS
Smartfish AS is active within research, development, production and marketing of advanced clinically documented nutritional drinks in the field of medical nutrition and sports nutrition. All Smartfish products are produced on its proprietary juice-based emulsion technology platform with the marine DHA and EPA fatty acids as important ingredients. Smartfish has a number of ongoing clinical development projects and studies in close collaboration with researchers and institutions both in Norway and internationally. The company was founded in 2001 and is located in Oslo, Norway and Lund, Sweden. Smartfish’s main shareholders are Investinor (Norway) and Industrifonden (Sweden). Learn more on https://www.smartfishnutrition.com.
- Smartfish. Press release: Smartfish partners with the international Public-Private Consortium P4O2 investigating risk factors for developing lung damage and chronic complaints after COVID-19 smartfish.no2020 [Available from: https://smartfish.no/nyheter/2020/09/press-release-smartfish-partners-with-the-international-public-private-consortium-p4o2-precision-medicine-for-more-oxygen-investigating-risk-factors-for-developing-lung-damage-and-chronic-complaints-after-covid-19/.
- Laviano A, Calder PC, Schols AMWJ, Lonnqvist F, Bech M, Muscaritoli M. Safety and Tolerability of Targeted Medical Nutrition for Cachexia in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Pilot Trial. Nutrition and Cancer. 2020;72(3):439-50.
- Calder PC, Laviano A, Lonnqvist F, Muscaritoli M, Öhlander M, Schols A. Targeted medical nutrition for cachexia in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a randomized, controlled trial. Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle. 2018;9(1):28-40.
- Smartfish. Press release: Clinical study results indicate that Smartfish’s nutrition product Remune can improve overall survival in lung cancer patients 2020 [Available from: https://www.smartfishnutrition.com/news/2019/09/press-release-clinical-study-results-indicate-that-smartfish-s-nutrition-product-remune-can-improve-overall-survival-in-lung-cancer-patients/.
- Smartfish. Press release: In-depth analysis of clinical trial results shows that Smartfish’s Remune can improve physical performance in pre-cachectic lung cancer patients smartfishnutrition.com2020 [Available from: https://www.smartfishnutrition.com/news/2020/06/press-release-in-depth-analysis-of-clinical-trial-results-shows-that-smartfish-s-remune-can-improve-physical-performance-in-pre-cachectic-lung-cancer-patients/.