SunSense is a Norwegian company launching a product range featuring the world’s smallest and most accurate UV tracking sensors for digitally integrated UV tracker wearables.
This game changing technology puts the user in control of UV exposure by tracking and monitoring the accumulated UV dose in real-time.
The product is extremely compact, waterproof, and has flexible solutions for wearing on the body and clothing.
The first product series was launched during 2016/17, and several new products to complete the ecosystem are in pipeline.
- Skin cancer is now the most common form of cancer in the UK and incidence rates are still rising.
- US: 1 in 5 is expected to develop skin cancer in their lifetime. Almost 5 million are treated every year at a cost of $8.1 billion. ”A major public health problem” (US Surgeon General)
- Australia: At least 2 out of 3 will get skin cancer
- WHO: 1 in 3 diagnosed cancer cases globally are related to skin cancer
- Avoiding sunburns is the single most important preventive measure to lower risk of skin cancer. According to the WHO, as many as 90% of skin cancer incidents are preventable – by controlling your sun exposure!