Thommessen is one of Norway’s leading commercial law firms, with offices in Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger and London. Since our foundation in 1856, we have been closely involved in most of the defining developments in Norwegian business. Our clients are Norwegian and international businesses, in both the private and public sector.
Our lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the life sciences and health industry, and are staying continuously abreast of national and international trends and developments that may affect operating conditions. This enables us to always provide tailored advice suited for a continuously changing market.
The life sciences and health industry is an innovation-driven industry where players are facing a broad range of challenges. The industry is characterised by large investments in research and development, by the decisive importance of Intellectual Property protection and by all business operations being subject to comprehensive public law regulations.
At Thommessen, we assemble teams that supplement each other, thereby enabling us to provide clients in the industry with expert assistance in all relevant fields. We have extensive expertise and experience in, for example, intellectual property law, IT and tech-law, medicinal product legislation, competition law, public procurement, personal data, M&A and company law.
Our lawyers assist a number of international and Norwegian businesses operating in the fields of pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical equipment and IT as well as businesses wanting to invest in life science businesses. We also assist pharmacies.
Our service offering includes, for example, the following:
- Enforcement and defence of intellectual property rights (for example patents and supplementary protection certificates (SPC))
- Licence agreements; research and development agreements
- Market access for medicinal products
- Marketing of medicinal products
- Health enterprises’ procurement of medicinal products
- Attending to the interests and rights of the industry vis-à-vis government bodies
- Regulatory issues relating to medicinal products, medical equipment, cosmetics and foodstuffs
- Clinical trials/studies
- Norwegian and international competition law
- Product liability
- Personal data
- IT and tech-law
At Thommessen, we enable our clients to achieve their objectives by understanding their challenges and opportunities. Our advice is clear, well-founded and practically oriented, and is premised on in-depth understanding of the factors affecting the interests of our clients, whether commercial, technological, societal, political or global.